Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MRI Results show an unexpected result

Well! Yesterday was.....interesting. I got some very helpful information from the MRI, which is that I have a bulging disk (L5) that is slightly impinging the nerve that controls the muscles that extend around my sacrum. And the bulge is on the left side of my spine. This is the side that I've been having pain, weakness, numbness, etc. - so we have our answer as to the cause now! Now we can treat the area in a way that will more likely provide desirable results. Hooray! So I'm starting back to physical therapy today. I'm nervous about that, because in the past it has been painful to have P.T.; we'll see how it goes.

The disk injury was no surprise to my doctor; what was a surprise was that the MRI of my pelvis revealed that I have a cyst on my left ovary! I have never had this sort of thing before, so it threw me for a bit of a loop. I went this morning for a pelvic ultrasound, and tomorrow I'll meet with my Ob/Gyn to see what they recommend doing about it, if anything. Just by luck, my annual exam at the OB was already scheduled for tomorrow, so this information has good timing!

Friends and family have been very supportive during this process. I'm thankful for that.

1 comment: